Monday, December 27, 2010

Sketching Time

This piece was sketched for a fashion illustration competition a few months back. Unfortunately I wasn't short-listed but I absolutely love it. I wanted to experiment with my drawing and take the image a step further. So instead of just drawing a skinny figure wearing clothes I came up with a concept (flying girls-I always find myself drawing my figures expressing some kind of movement) and for the figures I made them more curvy in some places, played around with size and scale. I used pencil for this as I wanted to create a 'raw' image. The fine details on the hair and dresses definitely adds to the overall interest and creates more movement throughout the piece. I actually found it very therapeutic creating those patterns!  The dresses are from two of my favourite designers - Herve Leger and Balmain  both AW2010 collection.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, love the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tala! And sorry for the late reply but I don't know why I am not receiving any notifications for the comments.

    ReplyDelete