Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Illustrations


This week is all about illustrating profiles and I absolutely love it. Some people think it's poking fun at people and distorting faces, but for me it's not like that at all. Instead I like to think of it as exaggerating some features in such a way as to bring about a certain aspect of the character to life and create a humorous mood (ensuring everyone stays happy too!) My style is very simple really and mainly based on geometrical shapes keeping it nice and clean. This is an illustration of my friends, a lovely couple who recently celebrated their 1st year wedding anniversary. Chantal wanted to give Jack something different with a personal touch as a gift so she commissioned me to create this light-hearted poster which actually turned out to be a lot of fun to make! And a great gift idea too (a happy ending for the couple...)



No comments:

Post a Comment