Monday, November 22, 2010

Hepburn + Funny Face + Vespa = All Smiles

I love illustrating people in such a way that reveals a fun aspect about their character. Why? Simply because it makes me smile and I guess others too. I call it art that makes you smile. And this adorbale, truely funny-faced little icon called Hepburn has always been on my top list of must-illustrate. I was flipping through her pictures from 'The Audery Hepburn Treasures' (great book by the way if you're a fan) and found myself smiling all the way through at her quirky facial features. The ones that struck me most were the Roman Holiday images. I sort of imagine myself doing the same thing crashing my way through Rome on a little Vespa. Speaking of which I  once read that it's because of her in that movie Vespas have become so popular amongst women...I'd really love to own one. But can anybody bring it to the UAE? I know, we have crazy highways and terrible random drivers but still, I wouldn't mind driving a hot pink one around my neigbourhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment