Sunday, November 21, 2010

Marilyn On My Mind

Vanity Fair November issue cover story Marilyn Monroe inspired me to create this caricature. Her story for VF is pretty sad but looking at her pictures she always seems so alive, happy and living it up all the time. Regardless of  her scandals and personal issues, I just think she's an absolutely gorgeous woman and definitely a must-illustrate icon. So I decided to do just that and because I liked the image so much, I wanted to incorporate it for an interior space. I think she looks really good blown-up on the wall with some old-style french furniture like the chaise-longue in the picture. Something symbolic of old and new. I think the combination looks pretty cool and adds a fresh and fun element to any living space. More to come.




1 comment:

  1. love MM! ESPECIALLY the one with the chaise. great work!

    ReplyDelete