Monday, April 2, 2012

The Art of Saying Hello

I hardly ever receive any interesting business cards that stand apart from the rest. Although they serve their main purpose of providing relevant information, most cards have the same dull layout and average, if not cheap, printing quality. So for my new cards I decided to create a design that is unconventional, personal and represents self-expression. Basically, a keeper. I designed a digitally manipulated surreal self-portrait  (couldn't get more personal than this!) by combining my love for photography,  illustrations and surrealism, used it as a key visual to express my design character directly on card. Using a portrait is also a good idea since I am the direct interface with the receiver. As you can tell I've omitted my face, which perhaps may not help in remembering me, however the big hairdo is still there : ) I'm really pleased with the outcome especially the printing and paper quality which really makes all the difference.

Sim xo


No comments:

Post a Comment