Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An Organic Affair



This is one of my latest illustrations entitled "An Organic Affair' for an innovative product called 'Canvas Couch' in collaboration with nbt. STUDIO. I particularly enjoyed working on this piece as I had the freedom to conceptualize and artistically express my thoughts. The only condition was that it had to have an organic / eco feel in parallel with that of the sofa's material (more details about that below).

An Organic Affair is an abstract visual expression of my soul's growth represented as elements from nature. My soul is like that of a garden. In order for it to flourish and survive I must take care of every single part of it and feed it with what is necessary. In that way I feel my soul is connected with nature and resembles the growth of a plant.
When my soul is growing, awakening and expanding I feel I am unfolding, like a flower blooming in spring time or growing like the leaves  on a tree. A burst of positive energy begins to flow, growing and evolving organically as I move forth.
The Canvas Couch's  main feature reflects the sofa’s name as it is a venue for self-expression. Customers can either choose from a catalogue of art pieces or upload their own and have it printed using none toxic UV printing.
Also made of ICB (inverted Corrugated Board) and cushioned with natural latex upholstered with recycled PET fabric, the Canvas sofa can be shipped in very compact package of 70x90x43 cm and can be quickly assembled tool-free. For more information about Canvas Couch and more please visit http://nbtstudio.com/


Sim xo

Canvas Couch

Canvas Couch by nbt. STUDIO at the Salon Di Mobile Milano 2012

An Organic Affair

No comments:

Post a Comment